EXSUS UK LTD – PRIVACY NOTICE
Effective Date: 25th May 2018
This Privacy Notice explains how EXSUS UK LTD and its affiliated companies collect, use and disclose your personal data, and your rights in relation to the personal data it holds.
EXSUS UK LTD
EXSUS UK LTD (in this Privacy Notice, “us”, “we” and “our”) is the data controller of your personal data and is subject to the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”).
Our Privacy and Data Compliance Officer is Mr. Avraam Kapiri. His contact details are: email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone no.: +44 (0)207 402 2223
This Privacy Notice replaces any previous Privacy Notice or equivalent which you may have been provided with prior to the Effective Date stated above.
Under the GDPR you have the following rights:
- To instruct us to cease processing your personal data if the processing is causing you damage or distress;
- To gain access to, and copies of, the personal data that we hold about you;
- To instruct us not to send you marketing communications;
- To instruct us to restrict our data processing activities;
- To instruct us to erase your personal data;
- To obtain from us the personal data we hold about you which you have provided to us, in a practical format specified by you, including for the purpose of you transmitting that personal data to another data controller; and
- To instruct us to correct the personal data we hold about you if it is
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be titled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
You may find out more about your rights at the website of the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk or by contacting us.
If you are not satisfied with how we are processing your personal data, you can make a complaint to www.ico.org.uk.
How we collect your data
We collect your personal data in multiple ways, for example:
- From the material you provide to us when you meet us;
- When you communicate with us by telephone, fax, email or other forms of electronic In this respect, we may monitor, record and store any such communication;
- When you complete (or we complete on your behalf) client engagement forms or any other forms;
- From other affiliated companies of EXSUS UK LTD;
- From your agents, advisers and intermediaries;
- From publicly available sources or from third
The categories of personal data we collect
We collect the following categories of personal data about you:
- Your name and contact information such as your home or business address, email address and telephone and fax number;
- Biographical information which may confirm your identity including your date of birth, tax identification number, VAT number, reference letters, CV, ARC, passport number, driver’s license or national identity card details, country of domicile and/or your nationality;
- Information relating to your financial situation such as income, expenditure, assets and liabilities, sources of wealth, as well as your bank account details;
- An understanding of your goals and objectives in our services;
- Information about your employment, education, marital status; and
- Information to assess whether you may be characterized as a politically exposed person or a person involved in terrorist financing/ money
The rationale behind the processing of your personal data (other than with your consent), the use of that personal data and whom we share it with
(i) Performance of a contract with you
We process your personal data in the course of the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
In this respect, we use your personal data for the following:
- To prepare a quotation for you in respect to the services we offer;
- To provide you with the services as set out in our Engagement Letter with you or as otherwise agreed with you from time to time;
- To deal with any complaints or feedback you may have;
- For any other purpose for which you provide us with your personal d In this respect, we may share your personal data with or transfer it to the following:
- Your agents, advisers, intermediaries, and custodians of your assets who you tell us about;
- Third parties whom we engage to assist in delivering the services to you, including other affiliated companies of EXSUS UK LTD;
- Our professional consultants where it is necessary for us to obtain their advice or assistance, including lawyers, accountants, or IT;
- Other third parties such as intermediaries who we introduce to We will wherever possible tell you who they are before we introduce you;
- Our data storage
(ii) Legitimate interests
We also process your personal data because it is necessary for our legitimate interests, or sometimes where it is necessary for the legitimate interests of another person.
In this respect, we use your personal data for the following:
- For the administration and management of our business, including recovering money you owe to us, and archiving or statistical analysis;
- Seeking advice on our rights and obligations, such as where we require our own legal advice;
In this respect we will share your personal data with the following:
- Our advisers or agents where it is necessary for us to obtain their advice or support;
- With third parties and their advisers where those third parties are acquiring, or considering acquiring, all or part of our
(iii) Legal obligations
We also process your personal data for our compliance with a legal obligation which we are under. In this respect, we will use your personal data for the following:
- To meet our compliance and regulatory obligations, such as compliance with anti-money laundering and anti- terrorist financing laws;
- As required by tax authorities or any competent court or legal
In this respect, we will share your personal data with the following:
- Our consultants where it is necessary for us to obtain their advice or assistance;
- Our auditors where it is necessary as part of their auditing functions;
- With relevant regulators or law enforcement agencies where we are required to do
We may send you marketing information about similar services we provide, as well as other information in the form of e-mails and invitations to events which we believe might be of interest to you.
We may communicate this to you in a number of ways including by telephone or email.
If you object to receiving marketing from us at any time, please contact us:
- By email: email@example.com
- By telephone: +44 (0)207 402 2223
Transfer and processing of your personal data outside the European Union
When sharing your personal data with third parties as set out in this Privacy Notice, it may be transferred outside the European Union. In these circumstances, your personal data will only be transferred on one of the following bases:
- the country that we send the personal data to is approved by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data;
- the transfer is to a recipient in the United States of America who has registered under the EU/US Privacy Shield;
- when you have explicitly consented to the
Retention of your data
Where we have collected your personal data as required by anti-money laundering legislation, including for identification, screening and reporting, we will retain that personal data for five years after the termination of our business relationship, unless we are required to retain this information by another law or for the purposes of court proceedings.